Sunday, May 5, 2013

Addition


I know something of magic

The magic in a moment
Driving vertical
Dusk in my eyes

The magic of math
Connection explained
Nothing changed

The magic of edges
Falling upon them
Breaking stems

The magic of bubbles
Popped too soon
Beneath half moon

The magic of chance
My fatal dance
Retreat and advance

The magic of stories
That’s all it was
All it ever does



The magic in words
Speak louder than actions
When spoken in thirds

The magic of time
Dust settles and rusts
Nothing to discuss

The magic of sense
How intense could they be?
…Fucking immense.

The magic of fear
It builds and destroys
All that is near

The magic of touch
Reminds me of
Childhood lust


The magic of this
Dreamt phoenix reborn
An arrow missed

The magic in me
Will never fill
Your cosmic abyss

The magic of infancy
Latency grown
Sleep intertwined

The magic ocean swell
Drift in and out
Mindfully

The magic of sound
This voice is not yours
My headphone surround

I know something of magic
The magic of new
I make believe
It will
Destroy me
Or I,
You

No comments:

Post a Comment